Newlywed, Adesua Etomi-Wellington, took to Twitter on yesterday to write down 20 things she has learnt from God in recent times.
The actress whose lavish wedding is still the most talked about, debuted her first outing as a married woman to the grand premiere of The Wedding Party
Read her lessons below:
1.You’re better off being the unique person he created you to be.
2) To get to the next level, you have to show him that you can handle the level that you’re at and you also have to do something substantial with what you’ve been given. Touch lives…change lives…impact lives.
3) The world doesn’t have to know the good you do. What he sees you do in secret, he rewards publicly.
4) New level, new devil. “For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.”(1 Corinthians 16:9 KJV)
5) A closed mouth is a closed destiny. Prayer is the key.
6) Be anxious for nothing. ‘Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God’.
7) In a world where there is so much to think about…he says ‘Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things’.
8) Diamonds need the fire. You need the opposition…to build Godly character and to grow.
9) When God chooses to announce you, he’ll do it his way…not yours. And some of his ways may suck but he sees the bigger picture.
10) He really does give his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers.
11) Most importantly…Jeremiah 29:11 ‘For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future’.
12) Be watchful. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.
13) I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but TIME AND CHANCE happen to them all.
14) Be the light. ‘The light shines in the darkness and the darkness hasn’t overcome it’. John 1:5
15) If you follow Christ, you have a higher calling. It also means you have to take the high road EVERY SINGLE TIME. ’Set a guard over my mouth, LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips’.
16) Use kind words. Proverbs 16:24. Pleasant words are a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones’.
17) A lot of who i am is firmly rooted in a lot of who he is.
18) Slayyyyyyy…the devil…’Resist the devil and he will flee from you’.
19) He cares about the state of my heart. He wants it pure. ‘Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God’.
20) Last but certainly not the least. Got God? You need him. Selah.
Get all latest content delivered to your email a few times a month.